By Allan Gotthelf,Gregory Salmieri
The first quantity to provide a accomplished scholarly therapy of Rand’s complete corpus (including her novels, her philosophical essays, and her research of the occasions of her times), this Companion offers important orientation and context for students and trained readers grappling with a debatable and understudied philosopher whose enduring effect on American (and international) tradition is more and more recognized.
- The first booklet to supply an in-depth scholarly therapy ranging over the full of Rand’s corpus
- Provides trained contextual research for students in quite a few disciplines
- Presents unique study on unpublished fabric and drafts from the Rand records in California
- Features insightful and fair-minded interpretations of Rand’s arguable positions
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Political Constructivism is worried with the justification of rules of political justice within the face of pluralism. modern debts of multiculturalism, pluralism and variety have challenged the ability of political conception to impartially justify ideas of justice past the bounds of specific groups.
"Professor Gastil has been a number one voice within the deliberative democracy circulate for the final 15 years, and with this publication he has created an excellent source that adeptly captures the extensive, priceless paintings being performed either in and out academia referring to public deliberation and political verbal exchange.
Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek became of the dominant voices in modern philosophy and demanding conception. during this ebook, Geoff Pfeifer bargains an in-depth examine their respective perspectives. utilizing Louis Althusser’s materialism as a beginning point—which, as Pfeifer indicates, was once outfitted in part as a reaction to the Marxism of the Parti Communiste Français and partly in discussion with different philosophical events and highbrow currents of its times—the publication seems to be on the differing ways that either Badiou’s and Žižek’s paintings try to reply to concerns that come up in the Althusserian edifice.
Few thinkers could have had a extra diversified or a extra contested impression on theorizing legislation than Michel Foucault. This range is mirrored within the wide variety of Foucault's paintings and of the highbrow fields it has so conspicuously inspired. Such range informs the current assortment and is signalled within the headings of its 4 sections: ?
- Four Seminal Thinkers in International Theory: Machiavelli, Grotius, Kant, and Mazzini
- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche: The Philosopher of the Second Reich
- Values, Valuations, and Axiological Norms in Richard Rorty's Neopragmatism: Studies, Polemics, Interpretations (American Philosophy Series)
- Philosophy of Globalization
- The Legacy of Ronald Dworkin
- Isolationist States in an Interdependent World: 4
Additional resources for A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)