By Timothy Stapleton
Based on a chain of distinctive case reviews, this booklet offers the historical past of genocide in Africa in the particular context of African heritage, analyzing conflicts in international locations similar to Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Namibia, Rwanda, and Sudan.
• offers an remarkable complete heritage of genocide in Africa that might serve scholars of historical past, warfare and society, and genocide in addition to basic readers
• Covers Africa's such a lot notorious genocides in addition to lesser-known instances of huge scale atrocities
• Addresses occasions which are contested as genocides in Africa in contemporary background, together with the Nigerian Civil conflict in addition to occasions in Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo
• Examines the ancient context for every of those occasions to obviously clarify how they occurred
Read or Download A History of Genocide in Africa (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar african history books
This ebook investigates the significance of waging jihad for legitimacy in pre-colonial Morocco. It counters colonial interpretations of the pre-colonial Moroccan sultanate as hopelessly divided into territories of 'obedience' and 'dissidence' by way of suggesting that state-society war used to be one element of a continuing technique of political negotiation.
Africa in Europe, in volumes, meticulously records Europe's African presence from antiquity to the current. It comprises findings from components of research as various as actual anthropology, linguistics, social historical past, social thought, diplomacy, migrational stories, and globalization.
This can be a number of daring and visionary scholarship that unearths an insightful exposition of re-visioning African improvement from African views. It offers educators, coverage makers, social staff, non-governmental enterprises, and improvement organizations with an interdisciplinary conceptual base which could successfully advisor them in making plans and enforcing courses for socio-economic improvement in Africa.
This ebook presents readerswith the 1st finished research of South Africa’s international coverage carried out ina multilateral atmosphere, via putting on list over a thousand of South Africa’s votesat the United international locations over a 20 12 months interval. The research investigates consistencyin phrases of South Africa’s declared international coverage and its real votingpractices on the United countries.
- Maat, The Moral Ideal in Ancient Egypt: A Study in Classical African Ethics (African Studies)
- Environmental Infrastructure in African History (Studies in Environment and History)
- Encyclopedia of African History 3-Volume Set
- Black Cosmopolitanism and Anticolonialism: Pivotal Moments (Routledge Studies in Modern History)
- The Linguistic Landscape of Post-Apartheid South Africa: Politics and Discourse
- Reading Melville's Pierre; or, The Ambiguities
Extra info for A History of Genocide in Africa (Praeger Security International)