By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries could be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and knowledge prone in response to modern expertise and person needs
Read Online or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
Normally, educational library outreach has intended achieving out to the campus group, offering prone to college and scholars. Many universities and schools, besides the fact that, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, looking to be sure their associations' relevance to the group at huge.
A consultant to Library learn in tune introduces the method and strategies for gaining knowledge of and writing approximately song. This informative textbook offers concrete examples of other different types of writing, supplying a radical creation to tune literature. It sincerely describes a variety of information-searching strategies and library-based organizational platforms and introduces the array of track assets to be had.
A co-branded ebook undertaking with Jisc (formerly the Joint details platforms Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic pageant run via Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the ebook is to carry state of the art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the knowledge professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: reworking educational and examine Libraries throughout the energy of Experiential studying gains contributions—in a comparatively conversational, functional, and "how-to" format—from a variety of educational libraries throughout huge academic degrees that experience carried out experiential studying courses, providers, or assets to augment the educational and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- Transferred Illusions: Digital Technology and the Forms of Print (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
- Creating Online Tutorials: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- The Accidental Taxonomist (The Accidental Library Series)
- Public Interest and Private Rights in Social Media (Chandos Publishing Social Media Series)
Extra info for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)