By Lina Bountouri
Archives within the electronic Age: criteria, rules and Tools discusses semantic internet applied sciences and their elevated utilization in allotting archival fabric. The booklet is an invaluable handbook for archivists and knowledge experts operating in cultural historical past associations, together with documents, libraries, and museums, delivering exact analyses of the way metadata and criteria are used to regulate archival fabric, and the way this fabric is disseminated in the course of the internet utilizing the net, the semantic internet, and social media technologies.
Following an creation from the writer, the e-book is split into 5 sections that discover archival description, digitization, the upkeep of documents, the promoting of archival fabric via social media, and present developments in archival science.
- Addresses an important concerns in the archival neighborhood, overlaying present developments and the way forward for archival science
- Presents an unique point of view at the use of social media by means of archival institutions
- Provides leading edge, interdisciplinary examine that includes documents and data management
- Discusses the dissemination of archival fabric utilizing semantic net technologies
Read Online or Download Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Ordinarily, educational library outreach has intended attaining out to the campus neighborhood, supplying providers to school and scholars. Many universities and schools, besides the fact that, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, trying to determine their associations' relevance to the neighborhood at huge.
A consultant to Library examine in tune introduces the method and strategies for gaining knowledge of and writing approximately song. This informative textbook offers concrete examples of other sorts of writing, providing an intensive advent to track literature. It sincerely describes numerous information-searching strategies and library-based organizational platforms and introduces the array of song assets to be had.
A co-branded e-book undertaking with Jisc (formerly the Joint details platforms Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic competition run by means of Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the publication is to carry state of the art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the knowledge professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and study Libraries throughout the energy of Experiential studying positive factors contributions—in a comparatively conversational, sensible, and "how-to" format—from numerous educational libraries throughout wide academic degrees that experience carried out experiential studying courses, companies, or assets to reinforce the training and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- Literary Research and Canadian Literature: Strategies and Sources (Literary Research: Strategies and Sources)
- Resource Sharing Today: A Practical Guide to Interlibrary Loan, Consortial Circulation, and Global Cooperation
- Making the Move to RDA: A Self-Study Primer for Catalogers
- Providing Reference Services: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Media and Information Literacy in Higher Education: Educating the Educators
Extra resources for Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series)