By David K. Bryan,David W. Pao
Read or Download Ascent into Heaven in Luke-Acts: New Explorations of Luke's Narrative Hinge PDF
Similar christian reference books
During this hugely unique research, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing nutrients, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming issues usually equate nutrients with sin and notice fasting as an try and regain purity, an angle which could even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean tools are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of knowledge as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek fantasy the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's relaxation on a paranormal mattress that will precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to an end their legs to lead them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by way of the e-book of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This selection of 24 essays displays broader developments of study on Ben Sira long ago 20 years. the writer is not just fascinated by the advanced textual difficulties of the ebook, but in addition with what mild will be shed on it by means of the applying of methods from cultural and feminist reviews. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, using metaphorical language, and the difficulty of smell and body spray within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- Christ the Ideal King: Cultural Context, Rhetorical Strategy, and the Power of Divine Monarchy in Ephesians (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- L'épître aux Romains (Commentaire biblique : Nouveau Testament) (French Edition)
- THE GREAT WORKS OF GOD: Parts One and Two: The Mysteries of Christ in the Book of Genesis: 1
- "Why Ask My Name?": Anonymity and Identity in Biblical Narrative
- Esther's Revenge at Susa: From Sennacherib to Ahasuerus
Extra info for Ascent into Heaven in Luke-Acts: New Explorations of Luke's Narrative Hinge