By Marcia J, PhD, MPH, FACRM Scherer
Integrating present examine with the reports of individuals with cognitive disabilities, this quantity examines how assistive and cognitive aid applied sciences are being harnessed to supply suggestions for considering, remembering, and studying. The publication vividly describes real-life events during which cognitively impaired contributors use assistive helps and the benefits and obstacles those members understand from their use. It presents details on how cognitively impaired participants and their households and caregivers can opt for the main applicable applied sciences from a wide range of lodgings and assets, together with individualized protocols of other types of aid to facilitate optimum functioning.
The textual content deals practitioners a accomplished and systematic approach for making sure their consumers' potent software and usage of this know-how. This ebook also will offer perception for clients of assistive know-how and their households and caregivers to make sure optimum expertise use.
Key beneficial properties:
- Outlines a good method for integrating assistive applied sciences into the actions and way of life of clients with cognitive disabilities
- Explains how one can fit people with the main applicable units to augment self reliant functioning
- Provides a close evaluation of neurological and actual features of assorted cognitive disabilities current at start or bought via coincidence, affliction, or aging
- Includes figures, checklists, evaluate instruments, and illustrations through the textual content for superior studying
Read or Download Assistive Technologies and Other Supports for People With Brain Impairment PDF
Best allied health professions books
The advance and use of recent drugs is still an impressive problem. It now expenditures a standard of $800 million to convey a drug to marketplace, greater than two times up to in 1987. a lot of this funds (perhaps as much as 70%) is spent on medicines that fail at the route to licensing. to reduce charges, businesses have to capture strength mess ups, due both to loss of scientific impression or toxicity, within the early discovery section, lengthy earlier than they succeed in sufferers.
Step-by-step, you’ll construct a superior beginning within the idea and technological know-how that underlie today’s top practices after which tips on how to deal with a variety of orthopedic injuries.
Holding the wide variety of complete colour photographs, illustrations, and photomicrographs that experience made Graff’s Textbook of Urinalysis and physique Fluids a typical source for college students and laboratory pros, this up to date 3rd variation is now even more straightforward to take advantage of and more uncomplicated to educate from. as well as including new and improved content material, the authors have reorganized the booklet into shorter, easier-to-digest chapters, further photographs that depict very important slides presently noticeable in perform, and created new on-line engagement routines to aid scholars grasp the cloth.
The entire, one-stop consultant to passing the Vascular know-how forums Vascular know-how exam PREP is choked with every little thing you must recognize to ace the ARDMS® Vascular know-how registry examination. overlaying all elements of vascular affliction and checking out, this unheard of assessment e-book combines a rigorous grounding in vascular ideas with high-yield assessment questions that advance comprehension and retention.
- Sports Medicine of Baseball: 1
- Marginal Donors: Current and Future Status
- Pocket Atlas of Emergency Ultrasound (Atlas Series)
- Advanced Bioimaging Technologies in Assessment of the Quality of Bone and Scaffold Materials: Techniques and Applications
Extra resources for Assistive Technologies and Other Supports for People With Brain Impairment