By P. Abbott
Read Online or Download Bad Presidents: Failure in the White House (The Evolving American Presidency) PDF
Similar government books
Even supposing their leaders and employees usually are not elected, bureaucratic enterprises have the ability to make coverage judgements that hold the whole strength of the legislation. during this groundbreaking e-book, Sean Gailmard and John W. Patty discover a subject imperative to political technological know-how and public management: How do Congress and the president make sure that bureaucratic organizations enforce their hottest guidelines?
This publication examines the impression of Europeanization at the household politics of ecu member states, focussing on agricultural coverage, harmony coverage and employment coverage with a close comparative case research on Italy. notwithstanding a founding member, Italy has usually had an uneasy courting with the european and located it tough to be influential in ecu politics and to conform successfully with ecu regulations and institutional pressures.
Contemporary years have witnessed immense paintings within the legislative stories box. yet what can we learn about legislatures today and are there transparent standards for evaluating and classifying them? it is a new assessment of the country of our wisdom of parliament and tackles key questions: Do legislatures subject in legislative phrases, and, if this is the case, how a lot?
St century that we have to query how a lot of his variety might paintings in our personal period. The chapters during this quantity deal with the teachings we'd draw from the Eisenhower adventure for presidential management this present day. even supposing lots of the authors locate a lot to appreciate within the Eisenhower checklist, they convey various reviews on how appropriate his method will be for our personal time.
- Federalism and Regional Development: Case Studies on the Experience in the United States and the Federal Republic of Germany
- The Politics of Judicial Co-operation in the EU: Sunday Trading, Equal Treatment and Good Faith
- Law as Profession and Practice in Medieval Europe: Essays in Honor of James A. Brundage
- The European Union and the Rise of Regionalist Parties (New Comparative Politics)
- Hate Crime in America, 1968–2013: A Chronology of Offenses, Legislation and Related Events
- Implementation and World Politics: How International Norms Change Practice
Additional info for Bad Presidents: Failure in the White House (The Evolving American Presidency)