By Frank Schleritt,J. Ross Wagner,Florian Wilk
Read Online or Download Between Gospel and Election: Explorations in the Interpretation of Romans 9-11 (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) PDF
Similar christian reference books
During this hugely unique research, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing meals, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming issues usually equate nutrients with sin and spot fasting as an try and regain purity, an angle which could even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean tools are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of information as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek delusion the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's leisure on a mystical mattress that may precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to a halt their legs to cause them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified by means of the booklet of Ruth. each one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a selected subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This selection of 24 essays displays broader traits of study on Ben Sira some time past 20 years. the writer isn't just concerned about the complicated textual difficulties of the booklet, but in addition with what mild can be shed on it by way of the appliance of techniques from cultural and feminist stories. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, using metaphorical language, and the problem of smell and body spray within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- The Gospel and Letters of John, Volume 1: Introduction, Analysis, and Reference (The Eerdmans Critical Commentary)
- Theories of Poverty in the World of the New Testament (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Where the Gods Are: Spatial Dimensions of Anthropomorphism in the Biblical World (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- The Woman Babylon and the Marks of Empire: Reading Revelation with a Postcolonial Womanist Hermeneutics of Ambiveilence (Emerging Scholars)
- Be Wise, My Son, and Make My Heart Glad (Beihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fur Die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Ezekiel’s Vision Accounts as Interrelated Narratives: A Redaction-Critical and Theological Study (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
Additional info for Between Gospel and Election: Explorations in the Interpretation of Romans 9-11 (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)