By Scott Hammond,Robert Roberts,Valerie Sulfaro
What does it take to get elected president of the United States—"leader of the unfastened world"? This e-book provides readers perception into the key concerns and occasions surrounding American presidential elections throughout greater than centuries, from the earliest years of the Republic in the course of the campaigns of the twenty first century.
• Introduces readers to the how and why of each American presidential election in background via plain-English analyses written by means of nationwide students of yankee politics
• offers a chronological account of presidential campaigns that showcases the main personalities, matters, and crusade issues as they emerged in American political history
• Examines fresh presidential elections of the twenty first century in detail
• Decodes complicated crusade jargon and political insider terminology, specially for the ever-changing campaigns of the twenty first century
Read or Download Campaigning for President in America, 1788–2016 PDF
Best ideologies books
Busky explores the heritage of eu communist events and governments, the neo-Marxist philosophers, and why Marxism finally fails to give an explanation for background. He offers a pluralist substitute to Marxism, the democratic philosophy of heritage, and is going farther than many in employing developmental psychology for an knowing of human background.
Decentralism of political strength to areas and native executive happens world wide in accordance with calls for from the outer edge. Such devolution of energy increases a few difficulties - political, monetary, and criminal. by means of amassing jointly vital papers from a sequence of workshops subsidized by means of the SNS Constitutional undertaking and the guts for eu Integration stories, this quantity offers a couple of those difficulties from a very interdisciplinary viewpoint.
Regardless of flourishing financial interactions and deepening interdependence, the present political and diplomatic courting among Japan and China is still lukewarm at top. certainly, bilateral kin reached an exceptional nadir throughout the spring of 2005, and back extra lately in autumn 2012, as sizeable anti-Japanese demonstrations throughout chinese language towns elicited corresponding incidents of well known anti-Chinese reprisal in Japan.
This e-book is written to check Russian public opinion, tradition and society within the context of the lies, liars and untruths in keeping with, yet now not solely a part of, the rule of thumb of Russia’s moment (and fourth) post-Soviet President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Then, it really is to evaluate what destiny there's for Russia in view of Russia’s strange ‘socio-political’ tradition of parallel fact and untruth.
- Alternative Perspectives of a Good Society (Perspectives from Social Economics)
- International Politics and National Political Regimes: Promoting Democracy – Promoting Autocracy
- Gender and Multiculturalism: North-South Perspectives
- Where Have All The Fascists Gone?
- Discourse and Democracy: Critical Analysis of the Language of Government (Routledge Critical Studies in Discourse)
Extra resources for Campaigning for President in America, 1788–2016