By Fotis Lazarinis
Cataloguing and category introduces innovations and practices in cataloguing and category, and customary library criteria. The e-book introduces and analyzes the rules and buildings of library catalogues, together with the appliance of AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 criteria, and conceptual versions equivalent to ISBD, FRBR and FRAD. The textual content additionally introduces DC, MODS, METS, EAD and VRA middle metadata schemes for annotating electronic resources.
- Explains the speculation and perform of bibliographic control
- Offers a realistic method of the middle themes of cataloguing and classification
- Includes step by step examples to demonstrate software of the critical cataloguing and class standards
- Describes the recent descriptive cataloguing average RDA, and its conceptual flooring, FRBR and FRAD
- Guides the reader in the direction of cataloguing and classifying fabrics in a electronic environment
Read Online or Download Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards PDF
Similar library & information science books
Generally, educational library outreach has intended achieving out to the campus neighborhood, offering providers to college and scholars. Many universities and faculties, although, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, trying to determine their associations' relevance to the neighborhood at huge.
A consultant to Library learn in tune introduces the method and methods for getting to know and writing approximately track. This informative textbook presents concrete examples of alternative different types of writing, supplying a radical creation to song literature. It basically describes numerous information-searching innovations and library-based organizational structures and introduces the array of tune assets on hand.
A co-branded e-book undertaking with Jisc (formerly the Joint info structures Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic competition run via Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the e-book is to carry state-of-the-art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the knowledge professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and learn Libraries throughout the strength of Experiential studying beneficial properties contributions—in a comparatively conversational, useful, and "how-to" format—from a variety of educational libraries throughout extensive academic degrees that experience applied experiential studying courses, prone, or assets to reinforce the educational and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- Understanding Librarians: Communication is the Issue (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Media Architecture: Using Information and Media as Construction Material (Age of Access? Grundfragen der Informationsgesellschaft)
- The Digital Humanities and the Digital Modern
- Streamlined Library Programming: How to Improve Services and Cut Costs
- Information Retrieval in Digital Environments (Focus: Information Systems, Web and Pervasive Computing)
- Humor and Information Literacy: Practical Techniques for Library Instruction
Additional resources for Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards