By Peter Orr
Read or Download Christ Absent and Present: A Study in Pauline Christology (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe) PDF
Best christian reference books
During this hugely unique examine, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing foodstuff, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming problems usually equate foodstuff with sin and notice fasting as an try to regain purity, an perspective which could even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean equipment are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of information as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek fable the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's relaxation on a mystical mattress that may precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to a halt their legs to cause them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified via the e-book of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This number of 24 essays displays broader tendencies of study on Ben Sira long ago twenty years. the writer isn't just fascinated with the complicated textual difficulties of the e-book, but additionally with what gentle will be shed on it by way of the appliance of techniques from cultural and feminist stories. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, the use of metaphorical language, and the difficulty of odor and perfume within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- Revealing the Mysterion: The Use of Mystery in Daniel and Second Temple Judaism with Its Bearing on First Corinthians (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Aseneth's Transformation (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- They Went Out from Us: The Identity of the Opponents in First John (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- The Book of Ezekiel, Chapters 1–24: Chapters 1-24 (New International Commentary on the Old Testament)
- Truth in Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New Testament
Additional resources for Christ Absent and Present: A Study in Pauline Christology (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)