By Martin J. Ball
- fills hole within the literature for speech-language pathologists by way of addressing how sociolinguistic study paradigms could be utilized to review, prognosis and therapy within the scientific situation
- collects newly commissioned articles written by way of best students within the field
- includes chapters that define findings from sociolinguistic examine over the past forty years and aspect to the relevance of such findings for training speech-language pathologists
- discusses issues together with bilingualism, code-switching, language making plans, and African-American English
Read or Download Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society) PDF
Similar linguistics books
The amount specializes in the concept that of embodiment, understood in such a lot normal phrases as "the physically foundation of phenomena corresponding to that means, brain, cognition and language". the amount bargains a consultant, multi- and interdisciplinary state of the art choice of papers on embodiment and brings jointly a wide number of diversified views, from cognitive linguistics, cognitive technological know-how, philosophy, psychology, semiotics and synthetic intelligence.
Translation and analyzing reports and intercultural conversation have up to now mostly been taken care of as separate disciplines. Translational motion and Intercultural conversation deals an summary of more than a few varied theoretical and methodological techniques to studying the hitherto principally missed connection among the 2 learn strands.
A De Gruyter identify
New audio system are an more and more vital point of the revitalization of minority languages considering, every now and then, they could make up nearly all of the language neighborhood in query. This quantity examines this phenomenon from the point of view of 3 minority languages: Breton, Yiddish and Lemko.
- Dinner Talk: Cultural Patterns of Sociability and Socialization in Family Discourse
- Language Regulation in English as a Lingua Franca: Focus on Academic Spoken Discourse (Developments in English as a Lingua Franca [DELF])
- Questions of Intonation: Volume 20 (Routledge Library Editions: The English Language)
- Understanding Quotation (Mouton Series in Pragmatics)
- A Linguistic History of English: From Proto-Indo-European to Proto-Germanic
Additional resources for Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society)