By Peter Auer
Now on hand in paperback, Code-Switching in Conversation brings jointly contributions from a large choice of sociolinguistics settings during which the phenomenon is saw. It addresses not just the constitution and the functionality, but in addition the ideological values of such bilingual behaviour. The members query many perspectives of code switching at the empirical foundation of many ecu and non ecu contexts. by means of bringing jointly linguistics, anthropological and socio-psychological study, they flow in the direction of a extra life like belief of bilingual dialog action.
Read Online or Download Code-Switching in Conversation: Language, Interaction and Identity PDF
Similar linguistics books
The quantity makes a speciality of the idea that of embodiment, understood in so much common phrases as "the physically foundation of phenomena equivalent to that means, brain, cognition and language". the amount bargains a consultant, multi- and interdisciplinary state of the art choice of papers on embodiment and brings jointly a wide number of varied views, from cognitive linguistics, cognitive technology, philosophy, psychology, semiotics and synthetic intelligence.
Translation and studying reports and intercultural communique have to this point principally been handled as separate disciplines. Translational motion and Intercultural communique bargains an summary of more than a few assorted theoretical and methodological techniques to interpreting the hitherto principally missed connection among the 2 examine strands.
A De Gruyter name
New audio system are an more and more vital point of the revitalization of minority languages considering that, in certain cases, they could make up nearly all of the language group in query. This quantity examines this phenomenon from the perspective of 3 minority languages: Breton, Yiddish and Lemko.
- Grammatical Case Assignment in Finnish (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Impoliteness in Language: Studies on its Interplay with Power in Theory and Practice (Language, Power and Social Process [LPSP])
- The Ecology and Semiotics of Language Learning: A Sociocultural Perspective (Educational Linguistics)
- Language Files: Materials for an Introduction to Language and Linguistics, 12th Edition
- Theory and Typology of Proper Names (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Variation in Indonesian Sign Language (Sign Language Typology [SLT])
Extra resources for Code-Switching in Conversation: Language, Interaction and Identity