By Gloria J. Leckie,Lisa M. Given,John E. Buschman
This textual content offers an summary of significant severe theorists from throughout disciplines―including the arts, social sciences, and education―that discusses the significance of those severe views for the development of LIS examine and scholarship.
• A simple bibliography of the theorist's paintings follows every one subject presentation; a few chapters additionally contain works of serious remark at the theorist's writings
• Indexes of key words and ideas are supplied in the course of the chapters
Read Online or Download Critical Theory for Library and Information Science: Exploring the Social from Across the Disciplines (Library and Information Science Text) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Generally, educational library outreach has intended achieving out to the campus group, supplying companies to college and scholars. Many universities and faculties, besides the fact that, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, looking to determine their associations' relevance to the neighborhood at huge.
A consultant to Library learn in tune introduces the method and methods for gaining knowledge of and writing approximately song. This informative textbook presents concrete examples of other varieties of writing, supplying an intensive creation to tune literature. It in actual fact describes quite a few information-searching thoughts and library-based organizational structures and introduces the array of tune assets to be had.
A co-branded e-book venture with Jisc (formerly the Joint info structures Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic competition run via Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the e-book is to carry state-of-the-art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the data professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and study Libraries in the course of the strength of Experiential studying gains contributions—in a comparatively conversational, useful, and "how-to" format—from a variety of educational libraries throughout vast academic degrees that experience applied experiential studying courses, providers, or assets to augment the educational and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- Rural and Small Public Libraries: Challenges and Opportunities (Advances in Librarianship)
- Library Classification Trends in the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Convergence of Libraries and Technology Organizations: New Information Support Models (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Emerging Technologies for Librarians: A Practical Approach to Innovation (Chandos Information Professional)
- Stepping Away from the Silos: Strategic Collaboration in Digitisation
- Adapting to E-Books
Extra info for Critical Theory for Library and Information Science: Exploring the Social from Across the Disciplines (Library and Information Science Text)