By Scott Jarvis,Aneta Pavlenko
A cogent, freshly written synthesis of recent and vintage paintings on crosslinguistic effect, or language move, this book is an authoritative account of move in second-language studying and its effects for language and notion. It covers move in either creation and comprehension, and discusses the excellence among semantic and conceptual move, lateral move, and opposite move. The e-book is perfect as a textual content for upper-level undergraduate and graduate classes in bilingualism, second language acquisition, psycholinguistics, and cognitive psychology, and also will be of curiosity to researchers in those parts.
Read or Download Crosslinguistic Influence in Language and Cognition PDF
Similar linguistics books
The amount specializes in the idea that of embodiment, understood in such a lot common phrases as "the physically foundation of phenomena corresponding to that means, brain, cognition and language". the quantity bargains a consultant, multi- and interdisciplinary cutting-edge selection of papers on embodiment and brings jointly a wide number of diversified views, from cognitive linguistics, cognitive technological know-how, philosophy, psychology, semiotics and synthetic intelligence.
Translation and studying reports and intercultural verbal exchange have to date principally been handled as separate disciplines. Translational motion and Intercultural verbal exchange deals an outline of various assorted theoretical and methodological ways to reading the hitherto mostly overlooked connection among the 2 learn strands.
A De Gruyter name
New audio system are an more and more vital point of the revitalization of minority languages considering, on occasion, they could make up nearly all of the language group in query. This quantity examines this phenomenon from the perspective of 3 minority languages: Breton, Yiddish and Lemko.
- The Cambridge Handbook of English Historical Linguistics (Cambridge Handbooks in Language and Linguistics)
- Substrate and Adstrate: The Origins of Spatial Semantics in West African Pidgincreoles (Language Contact and Bilingualism [LCB])
- Blending and the Study of Narrative (Narratologia)
- The Affective Dimension in Second Language Acquisition
- Coordination Relations in the Languages of Europe and Beyond (Empirical Approaches to Language Typology [EALT])
- First Language Acquisition: The Essential Readings (Linguistics: The Essential Readings)
Extra info for Crosslinguistic Influence in Language and Cognition