By John Granger Cook
Read Online or Download Crucifixion in the Mediterranean World (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament) PDF
Best christian reference books
During this hugely unique examine, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing foodstuff, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming problems usually equate nutrients with sin and notice fasting as an try and regain purity, an perspective which may even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean equipment are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of knowledge as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek delusion the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's relaxation on a mystical mattress that will precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to an end their legs to lead them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified by way of the e-book of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This number of 24 essays displays broader developments of study on Ben Sira some time past 20 years. the writer isn't just inquisitive about the advanced textual difficulties of the ebook, but in addition with what gentle could be shed on it through the appliance of ways from cultural and feminist reviews. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, the use of metaphorical language, and the difficulty of odor and perfume within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- Abraham's Faith in Romans 4: Paul's Concept of Faith in Light of the History of Reception of Genesis 15:6 (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Ben Sira on Family, Gender, and Sexuality (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- The Saviour of the World (Routledge Revivals): Volume V: The Great Controversy: 5
- Reading Revelation: A Literary-theological Approach
- Construction, Coherence and Connotations: Studies on the Septuagint, Apocryphal and Cognate Literature (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- The Identity of God's People and the Paradox of Hebrews (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
Extra info for Crucifixion in the Mediterranean World (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament)