By Linda Brock
- Helps you decrease your legal responsibility by way of exhibiting why construction envelopes fail and the way they are often designed to endure.
- Moves from thought to genuine development through together with hundreds and hundreds of establishing envelope information from a huge array of tasks and climates.
- Integrates a number of modern case reports, together with Frank Gehry's Experiential track middle in Seattle (thin skins), Renzo Piano's Rue de Meaux housing in Paris (terra cotta cladding), and Mario Botta's San Francisco Museum of contemporary artwork (prefabricated brick panels).
Designing the outside Wall is a must have publication, no matter if you are an architect or a pupil. Order your replica today.
Read or Download Designing the Exterior Wall: An Architectural Guide to the Vertical Envelope PDF
Similar architecture books
Concerning the practices and politics of position and identification formation – the slippery ways that who we're turns into wrapped up with the place we are – this e-book exposes the kin of position to energy. It hyperlinks daily features of position adventure to the social theories of Deleuze and Bourdieu in a truly readable demeanour.
This sequence investigates the historic, theoretical and functional facets of interiors. The volumes within the inside structure sequence can be utilized as handbooks for the practitioner and as a serious creation to the background of fabric tradition and structure. resorts occupy a specific position in renowned mind's eye.
The process-oriented advisor to context-sensitive web site choice, making plans, and layout Sustainable layout is conscious of context. and every website has a special set of actual, organic, cultural, and felony attributes that provides assorted possibilities and constraints for substitute makes use of of the positioning.
Area of interest strategies aligns architecture's courting with web site with its ecological analogue: the connection among an organism and its atmosphere. Bracketed among texts on giraffe morphology, ecological belief, ugliness, and hopeful monsters, architectural case reviews examine historic moments while relationships among structure and location have been productively intertwined, from the anomalous urban designs of Francesco de Marchi within the 16th century to Le Corbusier’s close to eradication of context in his Plan Voisin within the 20th century to the newer contextualist events.
- Gottfried Semper and the Problem of Historicism
- Solutions for Climate Change Challenges in the Built Environment (Innovation in the Built Environment)
- Technology for Facility Managers: The Impact of Cutting-Edge Technology on Facility Management
- What Architecture Means: Connecting Ideas and Design
Additional resources for Designing the Exterior Wall: An Architectural Guide to the Vertical Envelope