By Alejandro Enrique Planchart
Read or Download Embellishing the Liturgy: Tropes and Polyphony (Music in Medieval Europe) PDF
Best literary renaissance criticism books
The Catholic contribution to English literary tradition has been commonly ignored or misunderstood. This ebook units out to rehabilitate quite a lot of Catholic creative writing, whereas exposing the function of anti-Catholicism as an innovative stimulus to mainstream writers in Tudor and Stuart England.
The Bible and common Philosophy in Renaissance Italy explores the reciprocal dating among biblical interpretation and ordinary philosophy in sixteenth-century Italy. The e-book augments our wisdom of the manifold functions of scientific services within the Renaissance and of the a number of ways that the Bible was once learn by way of informed those who lacked theological education.
Reminiscence and neighborhood in Sixteenth-Century France engages the query of remembering from a few various views. It examines the formation of groups inside various cultural, spiritual, and geographical contexts, in particular relating to the fabric stipulations for generating texts and discourses that have been the principles for collective practices of reminiscence.
The 1st a part of Goethe's dramatic poem Faust (1808), one of many nice works of German literature, grabbed the eye of Byron and Percy Shelley within the 1810s, enticing them in a shared fascination that was once to exert a tremendous effect over their writings. during this comparative examine, Ben Hewitt explores the hyperlinks among Faust and Byron's and Shelley's works, connecting Goethe and the 2 English Romantic poets by way of their differing, intricately comparable experiments with epic.
- Thomas East and Music Publishing in Renaissance England
- Renaissance Beasts: Of Animals, Humans, and Other Wonderful Creatures
- The Rhetoric of the Body from Ovid to Shakespeare (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- Representing Place in British Literature and Culture, 1660-1830: From Local to Global (British Literature in Context in the Long Eighteenth Century)
- The Secret History in Literature, 1660–1820
- Networks of Music and Culture in the Late Sixteenth and Early Seventeenth Centuries: A Collection of Essays in Celebration of Peter Philips’s 450th Anniversary
Additional info for Embellishing the Liturgy: Tropes and Polyphony (Music in Medieval Europe)