By B. Bradford Brown,Mitchell J. Prinstein
The interval of formative years includes development, edition, and dramatic reorganization in virtually each point of social and mental improvement. The Encyclopedia of Adolescence deals an exhaustive and entire assessment of present thought and study findings touching on this serious decade of lifestyles. major scientists supply obtainable and simply readable studies of organic, social, academic, occupational, and cultural components that form adolescent improvement. matters in normative improvement, person alterations, and psychopathology/maladjustment are reviewed. Over one hundred thirty chapters are integrated, each one overlaying a particular element or factor of youth. The chapters hint ameliorations during early life in numerous countries and between early life with assorted backgrounds.
The encyclopedia brings jointly cross-disciplinary participants, together with educational researchers, biologists, psychiatrists, sociologists, anthropologists and public coverage specialists, and should contain authors from worldwide. every one article good points an in-depth research of present details at the subject, besides a word list, instructed readings for extra info, and cross-references to comparable encyclopedia articles. The volumes provide an exceptional source for all audiences, offering a extra accomplished realizing of normal issues in comparison to different reference works at the subject.
to be had either in print and on-line through SciVerse technology Direct.
- Winner of the 2011 PROSE Award for Multivolume Reference in Humanities & Social technological know-how from the organization of yank Publishers; and named a 2012 striking educational name by means of the yank Library Association's Choice publication
- Brings jointly cross-disciplinary members, together with developmental psychologists, academic psychologists, scientific psychologists, biologists, psychiatrists, sociologists, anthropologists and public coverage experts
- Published either in print and through Elsevier's ScienceDirect™ on-line platform
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Adolescence PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
Tying jointly nearly 4 a long time of neo-Piagetian learn, Cognitive improvement presents a unique serious research and a comparability of recommendations throughout neo-Piagetian theories. Like Piaget, neo-Piagetian theorists take a constructivist method of cognitive improvement, are huge in scope, and think that cognitive improvement is split into phases with qualitative transformations.
It's been stated greater than as soon as in psychology that one person's impact is one other person's mistakes time period. via minimising and sometimes ignoring person and crew variability cognitive psychology has yieled many wonderful achievements. in spite of the fact that, whilst investigators are operating with distinctive populations, the topics, and the original nature of the pattern, come into concentration and develop into the target in itself.
The assumption for this e-book grew out of the convention "Motivational Psychology of Ontogenesis" held on the Max Planck Institute for Human improvement in Berlin, Germany, in may well 1998. This convention desirous about the interface of improvement and motivation and consequently introduced jointly students from 3 significant parts in psychology - developmental, motivational and lifespan.
Typically, the topic of adolescent improvement has been explored utilizing a degree established technique, frequently with an emphasis at the capability dangers and difficulties of early life. Taking a distinct process, during this ebook the authors draw upon a wealth of analysis to ascertain the interval of improvement from formative years to maturity from a dynamic structures viewpoint; investigating multi-facetted, multi-variable causes surrounding the transitions and consequent alterations that take place in younger peoples’ lives, as they modify from youngsters to teenagers.
- Wellbeing: A Complete Reference Guide, Wellbeing in Later Life: Volume IV (Wiley Clinical Psychology Handbooks)
- Handbook of the Psychology of Aging (Handbooks of Aging)
- The End of Alzheimer’s: The Brain and Beyond
- Youth 2.0: Social Media and Adolescence: Connecting, Sharing and Empowering
- Later Life: The Realities of Aging
- Flourishing in Emerging Adulthood: Positive Development During the Third Decade of Life (Emerging Adulthood Series)
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Adolescence