By R. Roque,K. Wagner
Read Online or Download Engaging Colonial Knowledge: Reading European Archives in World History (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) PDF
Similar african history books
This booklet investigates the significance of waging jihad for legitimacy in pre-colonial Morocco. It counters colonial interpretations of the pre-colonial Moroccan sultanate as hopelessly divided into territories of 'obedience' and 'dissidence' by way of suggesting that state-society battle was once one element of a relentless technique of political negotiation.
Africa in Europe, in volumes, meticulously records Europe's African presence from antiquity to the current. It contains findings from components of analysis as varied as actual anthropology, linguistics, social historical past, social idea, diplomacy, migrational reviews, and globalization.
It is a number of daring and visionary scholarship that unearths an insightful exposition of re-visioning African improvement from African views. It offers educators, coverage makers, social staff, non-governmental businesses, and improvement firms with an interdisciplinary conceptual base which can successfully advisor them in making plans and imposing courses for socio-economic improvement in Africa.
This ebook presents readerswith the 1st entire learn of South Africa’s international coverage carried out ina multilateral environment, through putting on checklist over a thousand of South Africa’s votesat the United countries over a 20 yr interval. The research investigates consistencyin phrases of South Africa’s declared international coverage and its real votingpractices on the United countries.
- Records Relating to the Gold Coast Settlements from 1750 to 1874 (Cass Library of African Studies. General Studies,)
- Cultural Representations of Massacre: Reinterpretations of the Mutiny of Senegal
- Die Rückkehr Chinas nach Afrika. Chinas aktuelles Engagement in Afrika aus entwicklungspolitischer Sicht (German Edition)
- Historical Perspectives on the State of Health and Health Systems in Africa, Volume I: The Pre-Colonial and Colonial Eras: 1 (African Histories and Modernities)
- Governance and the Crisis of Rule in Contemporary Africa: Leadership in Transformation (African Histories and Modernities)
Additional info for Engaging Colonial Knowledge: Reading European Archives in World History (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)