By A. Eduardo Sáez,James C. Baygents
Assuming a few wisdom of normal differential equations and a familiarity with uncomplicated functions of fluid mechanics, this classroom-tested text:
- Addresses mass conservation and macroscopic mass balances, putting a different emphasis on purposes to environmental processes
- Covers the basics of diffusive shipping, purposes of the diffusion equation, and diffusive shipping in reactive systems
- Discusses convective delivery, hydrodynamic dispersion, and shipping in multiphase systems
- Presents a mathematical framework for formulating and fixing shipping phenomena problems
Environmental shipping Phenomena makes a fantastic textbook for a one-semester complex undergraduate or graduate introductory path in shipping phenomena. It offers a basic knowing of the way to quantify the unfold and distribution of contaminants within the surroundings in addition to the foundation for designing strategies with regards to water purification, wastewater therapy, and strong waste disposal, between others.
Read or Download Environmental Transport Phenomena (Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering) PDF
Best industrial & technical chemistry books
Combining uncomplicated rules of physics, chemistry, polymer technological know-how, and fabrics technology and engineering, this landmark quantity is the 1st treatise at the constitution and formation of polymer networks in an anisotropic liquid crystal surroundings, and the physics, chemistry and fabrics technological know-how of liquid crystals in random-type geometrics.
Transition metal-catalyzed coupling reactions have a wealthy historical past that resulted in the awarding of the 2010 Nobel Prize in Chemistry to Professors Suzuki, Heck, and Negishi for his or her pioneering contributions to the sector. the arriving of age of this energetic region of analysis is showcased during this publication via case experiences within which approach chemists from the pharmaceutical percentage their own stories constructing their very own transition metal-catalyzed couplings for the large-scale manufacture of lively pharmaceutical elements.
Because the finish of the twentieth century it's been more and more realised that the use, or construction, of many lively fabrics ends up in the discharge of drugs that are damaging to either people and the surroundings. to handle this, the rules of eco-friendly chemistry should be utilized to the layout of latest items and their production strategies, to create eco-friendly lively fabrics which are almost freed from environmental dangers and toxicity concerns in the course of production, garage, use and disposal.
The appliance of eco-friendly Solvents in Separation procedures encompasses a logical development of a variety of themes and strategies, starting with an summary of eco-friendly solvents, masking every thing from water and natural solvents, to ionic drinks, switchable solvents, eutectic combos, supercritical fluids, gas-expanded solvents, and extra.
- Rührtechnik: Theorie und Praxis (Chemische Technik Verfahrenstechnik) (German Edition)
- Applied Industrial Catalysis: v. 1
- Handbook of Dehumidification Technology
- Solvent Extraction and Liquid Membranes: Fundamentals and Applications in New Materials (ION EXCHANGE AND SOLVENT EXTRACTION)
- Structural Alloys for Power Plants: Operational Challenges and High-Temperature Materials (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- Materials in Biology and Medicine (Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering)
Extra resources for Environmental Transport Phenomena (Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering)