By Timothy Rice
Read Online or Download Ethnomusicological Encounters with Music and Musicians: Essays in Honor of Robert Garfias PDF
Similar music books
Murray Grodner attracts on his individual profession as a double bass musician and instructor during this compendium of functionality philosophy, bowing and phraseology suggestions, tutorials on fingerings and scales, and routines for bowing and string crossing. Grodner addresses technical stumbling blocks in musical functionality, bargains recommendation on device and bow buy, and gives a close method of the basics of bass enjoying.
City God speak: developing a Hip Hop Spirituality, edited by way of Andre Johnson, is a set of essays that research the non secular and non secular in hip hop. The individuals argue that the existing narrative that hip hop bargains not anything within the method of faith and spirituality is fake. From its starting, hip hop has had a profound spirituality and advocates spiritual views—and whereas no longer orthodox or systemic, however, many in conventional orthodox religions may locate the theological and religious underpinnings in hip hop comforting, empowering, and releasing.
Abramo Basevi released his learn of Verdi’s operas in Florence in 1859, in the course of the composer’s occupation. the 1st thorough, systematic exam of Verdi’s operas, it coated the twenty works produced among 1842 and 1857—from Nabucco and Macbeth to Il trovatore, l. a. traviata, and Aroldo.
The double bass - the popular bass software in renowned track in the course of the Sixties - was once challenged and hence outmoded via the arrival of a brand new electrical bass device. From the mid-1960s and through the Seventies, a melismatic and inconsistent method in the direction of the bass position ensued, which contributed to a big switch in how the electrical bass used to be utilized in functionality and perceived within the sonic panorama of mainstream well known tune.
- The Choral Music of Twentieth-Century Women Composers: Elisabeth Lutyens, Elizabeth Maconchy and Thea Musgrave
- The Story of Paul Bigsby: The Father of the Modern Electric Solid Body Guitar
- Vesper and Compline Music for Four Principal Voices: Agostino Agazzari, Giovanni Francesco Anerio, Giovanni Battista Biondi da Cesena, Maurizio Cazzati, ... Century Italian Sacred Music in Twenty Five)
- Aspects of British Music of the 1990s
- Adrian Willaert and the Theory of Interval Affect: The Musica nova Madrigals and the Novel Theories of Zarlino and Vicentino
Extra info for Ethnomusicological Encounters with Music and Musicians: Essays in Honor of Robert Garfias