By Thomas B. Dozeman
Read Online or Download Exodus (Eerdmans Critical Commentary) PDF
Similar christian reference books
During this hugely unique learn, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing nutrients, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming issues frequently equate meals with sin and spot fasting as an try and regain purity, an angle that could even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean equipment are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of information as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek delusion the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's relaxation on a mystical mattress that will precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to an end their legs to cause them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the outdated testomony, exemplified through the booklet of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi publicizes her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This number of 24 essays displays broader developments of study on Ben Sira some time past twenty years. the writer isn't just all for the complicated textual difficulties of the publication, but in addition with what gentle might be shed on it by means of the appliance of methods from cultural and feminist stories. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, the use of metaphorical language, and the difficulty of smell and body spray within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics (Gender, Theology and Spirituality)
- Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Christian Origins and the Question of God, Vol 4 (Christian Origins and the Question of God series)
- Exploring the Bible, 2nd edition
- Marriage in the Book of Tobit (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- Rethinking the Ethics of John: 'Implicit Ethics' in the Johannine Writings. Kontexte und Normen neutestamentlicher Ethik / Contexts and Norms of New Testament ... Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- The Art of Visual Exegesis: Rhetoric, Texts, Images (Emory Studies in Early Christianity Book 19)
Additional info for Exodus (Eerdmans Critical Commentary)