By Lauren C. Bell
Read Online or Download Filibustering in the U.S. Senate PDF
Similar government books
Even though their leaders and employees aren't elected, bureaucratic firms have the ability to make coverage judgements that hold the entire strength of the legislation. during this groundbreaking e-book, Sean Gailmard and John W. Patty discover a topic imperative to political technology and public management: How do Congress and the president make sure that bureaucratic corporations enforce their most well-liked regulations?
This booklet examines the impression of Europeanization at the family politics of ecu member states, focussing on agricultural coverage, solidarity coverage and employment coverage with a close comparative case examine on Italy. even though a founding member, Italy has usually had an uneasy dating with the ecu and located it tricky to be influential in european politics and to conform successfully with european guidelines and institutional pressures.
Fresh years have witnessed enormous paintings within the legislative stories box. yet what can we find out about legislatures today and are there transparent standards for evaluating and classifying them? it is a new assessment of the kingdom of our wisdom of parliament and tackles key questions: Do legislatures subject in legislative phrases, and, if this is the case, how a lot?
St century that we have to query how a lot of his variety may paintings in our personal period. The chapters during this quantity tackle the teachings we would draw from the Eisenhower event for presidential management this day. even if lots of the authors locate a lot to appreciate within the Eisenhower list, they exhibit various critiques on how acceptable his strategy will be for our personal time.
- Reconfiguring Global Climate Governance in North America: A Transregional Approach (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- Mobilizing for Democracy: Comparing 1989 and 2011
- Working the Federal Budget: A Guide
- Securing Civilization?: The EU, NATO and the OSCE in the Post-9/11 World
- Fashioning the More Ethical Representative: The Impact of Ethics Reforms in the U.S. House of Representatives: The Impact of Ethics Reforms in the U.S. House of Representatives / Rebekah Herrick.
Additional resources for Filibustering in the U.S. Senate