By Rónán O'Beirne
- Combines a pragmatic technique with an obtainable theoretical underpinning
- Written in an wonderful and hugely readable sort
- Identifies the most important levels interested in setting up a public library studying service
Read or Download From Lending to Learning: The Development and Extension of Public Libraries (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
Generally, educational library outreach has intended achieving out to the campus neighborhood, delivering prone to school and scholars. Many universities and schools, in spite of the fact that, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, looking to be certain their associations' relevance to the neighborhood at huge.
A advisor to Library examine in track introduces the method and strategies for gaining knowledge of and writing approximately tune. This informative textbook offers concrete examples of alternative different types of writing, providing an intensive advent to song literature. It essentially describes a variety of information-searching suggestions and library-based organizational structures and introduces the array of track assets on hand.
A co-branded ebook undertaking with Jisc (formerly the Joint details platforms Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic pageant run by way of Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the publication is to carry state of the art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the knowledge professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: reworking educational and learn Libraries throughout the energy of Experiential studying positive aspects contributions—in a comparatively conversational, functional, and "how-to" format—from a variety of educational libraries throughout wide academic degrees that experience applied experiential studying courses, prone, or assets to augment the training and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- Crash Course in Gaming
- Start a Revolution: Stop Acting Like a Library
- The Accidental Taxonomist (The Accidental Library Series)
- Statistics for Library and Information Services: A Primer for Using Open Source R Software for Accessibility and Visualization
- Education for Library Cataloging: International Perspectives
- Global Perspectives on School Libraries: Projects and Practices (IFLA Publications)
Extra info for From Lending to Learning: The Development and Extension of Public Libraries (Chandos Information Professional Series)