By David Carless
Research proof exhibits that formative evaluation is likely one of the top-rated methods of improving pupil studying. it's, besides the fact that, tough to enforce effectively, largely simply because what's established via summative overview has any such strong impression on instructor and pupil activities. This publication scrutinizes the connection among trying out and studying from substitute views to the dominant literature from the foremost Anglophone international locations. It develops the concept of contextually grounded formative overview practices by way of reading info from faculties within the Confucian-heritage surroundings of Hong Kong. It explores questions such as:
• below what conditions do exams aid or prevent scholar studying?
• How can academics successfully arrange scholars for assessments and safely keep on with up after checks?
• What are the major socio-cultural impacts impacting on checking out and scholar studying within the school room?
• How do lecturers swap of their orientation in the direction of evaluate and what help do they require?
This textual content is a useful source for schooling scholars, execs and researchers, policy-makers and curriculum developers.
Read Online or Download From Testing to Productive Student Learning: Implementing Formative Assessment in Confucian-Heritage Settings (Routledge Research in Education) PDF
Similar education theory books
For sessions in actual schooling guideline instruments and methods for the following iteration of actual schooling academics Dynamic actual schooling for ordinary institution youngsters grants complete suggestions on ability improvement, job advertising, and actual health behaviors, designed to develop the position and coaching of destiny and present actual educators.
An interdisciplinary attempt of students from heritage, women’s reports, and family members and client sciences, Remaking domestic Economics covers the field’s background of beginning profession possibilities for ladies and responding to family and social concerns. Calls to “bring again domestic economics” omit the purpose that it by no means went away, say Sharon Y.
Transnationalism, schooling and Empowerment demanding situations the present thought that transnationalism is worried essentially with the method of greater international inhabitants circulate that has been allied with sleek globalisation. in its place, it argues that transnationalism is a frame of mind, disassociated from the inspiration of ‘place,’ that may be saw both in societies of the prior.
This e-book makes a speciality of the desires of the neighborhood laid low with bullying behaviour, instead of easily apportioning blame and picking out punishment. It covers themes together with: restorative justice and bullying; restorative responses to bullying incidents; and handling reluctance to resist bullying.
- Innovation Management by Promoting the Informal: Artistic, Experience-based, Playful
- Constructing Patriotism (Advances in Cultural Psychology: Constructing Human Development)
- The Cambridge Handbook of Creativity and Personality Research (Cambridge Handbooks in Psychology)
- Education and Schmid’s Art of Living: Philosophical, Psychological and Educational Perspectives on Living a Good Life (New Directions in the Philosophy of Education)
- Social Change in the History of British Education
- Marx and Education in Russia and China (RLE Edu L) (Routledge Library Editions: Education)
Additional resources for From Testing to Productive Student Learning: Implementing Formative Assessment in Confucian-Heritage Settings (Routledge Research in Education)