By Clara Marvin
Read or Download Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina: A Research Guide (Routledge Music Bibliographies) PDF
Similar literary renaissance criticism books
The Catholic contribution to English literary tradition has been largely missed or misunderstood. This publication units out to rehabilitate quite a lot of Catholic creative writing, whereas exposing the position of anti-Catholicism as an ingenious stimulus to mainstream writers in Tudor and Stuart England.
The Bible and usual Philosophy in Renaissance Italy explores the reciprocal dating among biblical interpretation and usual philosophy in sixteenth-century Italy. The ebook augments our wisdom of the manifold functions of clinical services within the Renaissance and of the a number of ways that the Bible was once learn by means of expert those that lacked theological education.
Reminiscence and neighborhood in Sixteenth-Century France engages the query of remembering from a few diverse views. It examines the formation of groups inside assorted cultural, non secular, and geographical contexts, in particular with regards to the fabric stipulations for generating texts and discourses that have been the principles for collective practices of reminiscence.
The 1st a part of Goethe's dramatic poem Faust (1808), one of many nice works of German literature, grabbed the eye of Byron and Percy Shelley within the 1810s, enticing them in a shared fascination that used to be to exert a massive impact over their writings. during this comparative examine, Ben Hewitt explores the hyperlinks among Faust and Byron's and Shelley's works, connecting Goethe and the 2 English Romantic poets by way of their differing, intricately comparable experiments with epic.
- Politische Medizin der Frühen Neuzeit: Die Figur des Arztes in Italien und England im frühen 17. Jahrhundert (Frühe Neuzeit) (German Edition)
- T.S. Eliot, Lancelot Andrewes, and the Word: Intersections of Literature and Christianity (Palgrave Pivot)
- Encounters with a Radical Erasmus: Erasmus' Work as a Source of Radical Thought in Early Modern Europe (Erasmus Studies)
- Spenserian Allegory and Elizabethan Biblical Exegesis: A Context for the Faerie Queene (The Manchester Spenser MUP)
- Imperial Tapestries: Narrative Form and the Question of Spanish Habsburg Power, 1530–1647
Additional info for Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina: A Research Guide (Routledge Music Bibliographies)