By Jonathan Curry-Machado
Read or Download Global Histories, Imperial Commodities, Local Interactions (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) PDF
Similar african history books
This booklet investigates the significance of waging jihad for legitimacy in pre-colonial Morocco. It counters colonial interpretations of the pre-colonial Moroccan sultanate as hopelessly divided into territories of 'obedience' and 'dissidence' by means of suggesting that state-society conflict used to be one element of a continuing technique of political negotiation.
Africa in Europe, in volumes, meticulously files Europe's African presence from antiquity to the current. It comprises findings from parts of analysis as varied as actual anthropology, linguistics, social historical past, social concept, diplomacy, migrational stories, and globalization.
This can be a choice of daring and visionary scholarship that finds an insightful exposition of re-visioning African improvement from African views. It presents educators, coverage makers, social employees, non-governmental organizations, and improvement enterprises with an interdisciplinary conceptual base which could successfully advisor them in making plans and enforcing courses for socio-economic improvement in Africa.
This publication offers readerswith the 1st entire learn of South Africa’s overseas coverage performed ina multilateral atmosphere, by way of putting on list over a thousand of South Africa’s votesat the United countries over a 20 12 months interval. The learn investigates consistencyin phrases of South Africa’s declared overseas coverage and its real votingpractices on the United international locations.
- Ethiopian Revolution: From a Monarchical Autocracy to a Military Oligarchy
- Kenya at a Crossroads: Administration and Economy Under Sir Percy Girouard, 1909–1912
- Liturgy Ethiopian Church (Kegan Paul Library of Religion & Mysticism)
- Missionary Practices on the Gold Coast, 1832-1895: Discourse, Gaze and Gender in the Basel Mission in Pre-Colonial West Africa
- Frontiers of Violence in North-East Africa: Genealogies of Conflict since c.1800 (Zoneso F Violence)
- Lords of the Fly: Sleeping Sickness Control in British East Africa, 1900-1960
Extra resources for Global Histories, Imperial Commodities, Local Interactions (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)