By Jens Henrik Haahr,William Walters
The e-book illustrates how a family tree of eu integration differs from traditional techniques. through postponing the belief that we already understand what/where Europe is, it opens an area for research the place we will be able to ask: how did Europe end up ruled as this and never that? the topics coated by way of this ebook comprise:
* different buildings of Europe inside discourses of modernization, democratization, lack of confidence and 'governance'
* the imprint of modernism, liberalism, ordoliberalism, neoliberalism and crime at the identification of the ecu Community/European Union
* the ancient dating among eu executive and particular applied sciences of strength, applied sciences as diversified as making plans, expense keep watch over, transparency and benchmarking.
Read Online or Download Governing Europe: Discourse, Governmentality and European Integration (Routledge Advances in European Politics) PDF
Similar government books
Even if their leaders and employees are usually not elected, bureaucratic corporations have the ability to make coverage judgements that hold the whole strength of the legislation. during this groundbreaking booklet, Sean Gailmard and John W. Patty discover a subject valuable to political technology and public management: How do Congress and the president make sure that bureaucratic enterprises enforce their most well liked guidelines?
This publication examines the impression of Europeanization at the household politics of ecu member states, focussing on agricultural coverage, unity coverage and employment coverage with an in depth comparative case examine on Italy. even though a founding member, Italy has usually had an uneasy dating with the ecu and located it tough to be influential in ecu politics and to conform successfully with ecu guidelines and institutional pressures.
Fresh years have witnessed vast paintings within the legislative experiences box. yet what can we find out about legislatures today and are there transparent standards for evaluating and classifying them? it is a new assessment of the country of our wisdom of parliament and tackles key questions: Do legislatures topic in legislative phrases, and, if this is the case, how a lot?
St century that we have to query how a lot of his kind might paintings in our personal period. The chapters during this quantity tackle the teachings we'd draw from the Eisenhower event for presidential management this day. even supposing lots of the authors locate a lot to recognize within the Eisenhower list, they convey various reviews on how appropriate his process will be for our personal time.
- Institutional Challenges in the European Union (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- Rise of the Plebeians?: The Changing Face of the Indian Legislative Assemblies (Exploring the Political in South Asia)
- Representing the People: A Survey Among Members of Statewide and Substate Parliaments (Comparative Politics)
- Dilemmas of Inclusion: Muslims in European Politics
Additional info for Governing Europe: Discourse, Governmentality and European Integration (Routledge Advances in European Politics)