By Luís de Sousa,Barry Hindess,Peter Larmour
The objective of this publication is to appreciate the increase, destiny and implications of 2 vital new forms of "integrity warriors" - legitimate anti-corruption companies (ACAs) and anti-corruption NGOs – and to find them in a much broader context and historical past of anti-corruption activity.
Key problems with corruption and anti-corruption are mentioned in an built-in and cutting edge manner; via a couple of state stories together with Taiwan and South Korea, South East Europe, Fiji, Russia and the Baltic States. the various questions, used to ascertain the advance of latest anti-corruption actors, contain:
- In what context have been those born?
- How do they function in pursuing their undertaking and mandate?
- How profitable have they been with regards to anticipated results?
- To what volume are governmental and non governmental actors conscious of one another and the way a long way do they cooperate in the direction of the typical target of battling corruption?
- What explains the shift in emphasis after the tip of the chilly battle, from nationwide to foreign action?
Governments, NGOs and Anti-Corruption can be of curiosity to scholars and students of corruption, public coverage, political technology, developmental stories and law.
Luís de Sousa is an affiliate Researcher at CIES-ISCTE, Portugal and Calouste Gulbenkian Fellow on the eu collage Institute, Italy.
Barry Hindess is Emeritus Professor of Political technology on the Australian nationwide college, Australia.
Peter Larmour is a Reader in Public coverage and Governance on the Crawford tuition of Economics and govt, Australian nationwide collage, Australia.
Read or Download Governments, NGOs and Anti-Corruption: The New Integrity Warriors (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science) PDF
Similar government books
Even though their leaders and employees usually are not elected, bureaucratic organisations have the facility to make coverage judgements that hold the whole strength of the legislations. during this groundbreaking e-book, Sean Gailmard and John W. Patty discover a subject matter important to political technology and public management: How do Congress and the president make sure that bureaucratic companies enforce their hottest guidelines?
This publication examines the influence of Europeanization at the household politics of ecu member states, focussing on agricultural coverage, unity coverage and employment coverage with an in depth comparative case examine on Italy. although a founding member, Italy has usually had an uneasy dating with the european and located it tricky to be influential in ecu politics and to conform successfully with european regulations and institutional pressures.
Contemporary years have witnessed great paintings within the legislative reports box. yet what can we find out about legislatures today and are there transparent standards for evaluating and classifying them? it is a new overview of the kingdom of our wisdom of parliament and tackles key questions: Do legislatures topic in legislative phrases, and, if this is the case, how a lot?
St century that we have to query how a lot of his type may perhaps paintings in our personal period. The chapters during this quantity handle the teachings we'd draw from the Eisenhower adventure for presidential management this day. even supposing many of the authors locate a lot to respect within the Eisenhower list, they convey various reviews on how appropriate his procedure will be for our personal time.
- Congress and Its Members
- A Comparative Introduction to Political Science: Contention and Cooperation
- Military Resilience in Low-Intensity Conflict: A Comparative Study of New Directions Worldwide
- Indian Affairs and the Administrative State in the Nineteenth Century
- Legal Practice and the Written Word in the Early Middle Ages: Frankish Formulae, c.500–1000 (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
- Federalism and Ethnic Conflict in Ethiopia: A Comparative Regional Study (Routledge Studies in Federalism and Decentralization)
Extra info for Governments, NGOs and Anti-Corruption: The New Integrity Warriors (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science)