By Jennifer Bain
Read Online or Download Hildegard of Bingen and Musical Reception: The Modern Revival of a Medieval Composer PDF
Similar literary renaissance criticism books
The Catholic contribution to English literary tradition has been extensively missed or misunderstood. This ebook units out to rehabilitate a variety of Catholic resourceful writing, whereas exposing the position of anti-Catholicism as an creative stimulus to mainstream writers in Tudor and Stuart England.
The Bible and traditional Philosophy in Renaissance Italy explores the reciprocal courting among biblical interpretation and average philosophy in sixteenth-century Italy. The ebook augments our wisdom of the manifold functions of clinical services within the Renaissance and of the a number of ways that the Bible was once learn by way of expert those who lacked theological education.
Reminiscence and group in Sixteenth-Century France engages the query of remembering from a few various views. It examines the formation of groups inside of assorted cultural, spiritual, and geographical contexts, in particular with regards to the cloth stipulations for generating texts and discourses that have been the principles for collective practices of reminiscence.
The 1st a part of Goethe's dramatic poem Faust (1808), one of many nice works of German literature, grabbed the eye of Byron and Percy Shelley within the 1810s, attractive them in a shared fascination that used to be to exert a massive impression over their writings. during this comparative learn, Ben Hewitt explores the hyperlinks among Faust and Byron's and Shelley's works, connecting Goethe and the 2 English Romantic poets by way of their differing, intricately comparable experiments with epic.
- A Guide to the Cosmology of William Blake
- The School of Montaigne in Early Modern Europe: Volume Two: The Reader-Writer
- Texts from the Querelle, 1521–1615: Essential Works for the Study of Early Modern Women: Series III, Part Two, Volume 1 (The Early Modern Englishwoman: ... â€“ Essential Works Series III, Part Two)
- Spenser and Virgil: The Pastoral Poems (The Manchester Spenser MUP)
- The Ashgate Research Companion to The Sidneys, 1500–1700: Volume 2: Literature (Ashgate Researc Companion)
- The Philosophy of Piers Plowman: The Ethics and Epistemology of Love in Late Medieval Thought (The New Middle Ages)
Additional resources for Hildegard of Bingen and Musical Reception: The Modern Revival of a Medieval Composer