By Bengt Holmberg,Mikael Winninge
Read Online or Download Identity Formation in the New Testament (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) PDF
Similar christian reference books
During this hugely unique examine, Veronika Grimm discusses early Christian texts facing foodstuff, consuming and fasting. modern-day consuming issues usually equate meals with sin and notice fasting as an try and regain purity, an perspective which may even be saw in early Christian ideals within the mortification of the flesh.
Procrustean equipment are used to rework one set of information to symbolize one other set of information as heavily as attainable. The identify derives from the Greek delusion the place Procrustes invited passers-by in for a delightful meal and a night's leisure on a paranormal mattress that may precisely healthy any visitor. He then both stretched the visitor at the rack or bring to an end their legs to lead them to healthy completely into the mattress.
Kristin Moen Saxegaard demonstrates how personality complexity is portrayed within the previous testomony, exemplified by way of the booklet of Ruth. every one personality within the tale has its particular voice which increases a specific subject; Naomi broadcasts her bitterness, Boaz is the merry personality, Ruth stresses that she is a foreigner, and Yahweh is silent.
This number of 24 essays displays broader developments of analysis on Ben Sira long ago 20 years. the writer isn't just inquisitive about the complicated textual difficulties of the e-book, but additionally with what gentle should be shed on it through the appliance of ways from cultural and feminist experiences. She examines, for instance, the gender theamtic, the use of metaphorical language, and the problem of smell and perfume within the textual content of Ben Sira.
- The Expression Son of Man and the Development of Christology: A History of Interpretation (Copenhagen International Seminar)
- A Dictionary of Bible Plants
- Luke-Acts and Jewish Historiography: A Study on the Theology, Literature, and Ideology of Luke-Acts (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Wisdom: The Collected Articles of Norman Whybray (Society for Old Testament Study)
- Canaan and Israel in Antiquity: A Textbook on History and Religion: Second Edition
- Micah: A Commentary (Old Testament Library)
Extra resources for Identity Formation in the New Testament (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)