By Elizabeth Ketner,Allison Kavey
Read Online or Download Imagining Early Modern Histories PDF
Similar literary renaissance criticism books
The Catholic contribution to English literary tradition has been broadly overlooked or misunderstood. This e-book units out to rehabilitate a variety of Catholic inventive writing, whereas exposing the function of anti-Catholicism as an innovative stimulus to mainstream writers in Tudor and Stuart England.
The Bible and traditional Philosophy in Renaissance Italy explores the reciprocal courting among biblical interpretation and traditional philosophy in sixteenth-century Italy. The ebook augments our wisdom of the manifold purposes of scientific services within the Renaissance and of the a number of ways that the Bible was once learn through knowledgeable those who lacked theological education.
Reminiscence and group in Sixteenth-Century France engages the query of remembering from a couple of assorted views. It examines the formation of groups inside various cultural, non secular, and geographical contexts, specially on the subject of the cloth stipulations for generating texts and discourses that have been the rules for collective practices of reminiscence.
The 1st a part of Goethe's dramatic poem Faust (1808), one of many nice works of German literature, grabbed the eye of Byron and Percy Shelley within the 1810s, attractive them in a shared fascination that used to be to exert a tremendous impression over their writings. during this comparative research, Ben Hewitt explores the hyperlinks among Faust and Byron's and Shelley's works, connecting Goethe and the 2 English Romantic poets by way of their differing, intricately similar experiments with epic.
- The Rhetoric of the Body from Ovid to Shakespeare (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- Nicholas of Cusa: A Medieval Thinker for the Modern Age (Waseda/Curzon International)
- Catechisms and Women's Writing in Seventeenth-Century England
- Staging Marriage in Early Modern Spain: Conjugal Doctrine in Lope, Cervantes, and Calderon
- Milton’s Italy: Anglo-Italian Literature, Travel, and Connections in Seventeenth-Century England (Routledge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
Extra resources for Imagining Early Modern Histories