By Albert Matlack
In the approximately 10 years because the book of the bestselling first variation of Introduction to eco-friendly Chemistry, curiosity in eco-friendly chemistry and fresh methods has grown a lot that themes, comparable to fluorous biphasic catalysis, steel natural frameworks, and strategy intensification, slightly pointed out within the first variation, became significant parts of analysis. additionally, govt investment has ramped up the advance of gas cells and biofuels. It displays the evolving concentration from pollutants remediation to toxins prevention. Copiously illustrated with over 800 figures, this moment version offers an replace from the frontiers of the field.
New and accelerated examine topics:
- Metal-organic frameworks
- Solid acids for alkylation of isobutene via butanes
- Carbon molecular sieves
- Mixed micro- and mesoporous solids
- Process intensification and fuel section enzymatic reactions
- Hydrogen garage for gas cells
- Reactive distillation
- Catalysts in motion on an atomic scale
Updated and extended present occasions topics:
- Industry resistance to inherently more secure chemistry
- Nuclear power
- Removal of mercury from vaccines
- Removal of mercury and lead from basic explosives
- Uses for surplus glycerol
- New challenging fabrics to lessen wear
- Electronic waste
- Smart growth
The publication covers conventional eco-friendly chemistry themes, together with catalysis, benign solvents, and replacement feedstocks. It additionally discusses correct yet much less often coated themes with chapters comparable to Chemistry of Longer Wear and Population and the Environment. This assurance highlights the significance of chemistry to daily life and demonstrates the advantages the accelerated exploitation of eco-friendly chemistry could have for society.
Read or Download Introduction to Green Chemistry, Second Edition PDF
Similar industrial & technical chemistry books
Combining simple ideas of physics, chemistry, polymer technology, and fabrics technological know-how and engineering, this landmark quantity is the 1st treatise at the constitution and formation of polymer networks in an anisotropic liquid crystal setting, and the physics, chemistry and fabrics technology of liquid crystals in random-type geometrics.
Transition metal-catalyzed coupling reactions have a wealthy historical past that ended in the awarding of the 2010 Nobel Prize in Chemistry to Professors Suzuki, Heck, and Negishi for his or her pioneering contributions to the sector. the arrival of age of this lively sector of study is showcased during this publication via case experiences within which procedure chemists from the pharmaceutical percentage their own reports constructing their very own transition metal-catalyzed couplings for the large-scale manufacture of lively pharmaceutical elements.
Because the finish of the twentieth century it's been more and more realised that the use, or construction, of many vigorous fabrics ends up in the discharge of drugs that are damaging to either people and the surroundings. to deal with this, the foundations of eco-friendly chemistry could be utilized to the layout of recent items and their production methods, to create eco-friendly full of life fabrics which are nearly freed from environmental dangers and toxicity concerns in the course of production, garage, use and disposal.
The applying of eco-friendly Solvents in Separation approaches includes a logical development of quite a lot of themes and strategies, starting with an summary of eco-friendly solvents, protecting every thing from water and natural solvents, to ionic drinks, switchable solvents, eutectic combinations, supercritical fluids, gas-expanded solvents, and extra.
- Sustainability of Products, Processes and Supply Chains: Theory and Applications (Computer Aided Chemical Engineering)
- Vacuum Drying for Extending Food Shelf-Life (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- The MBR Book: Principles and Applications of Membrane Bioreactors for Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Environmental Investigation and Remediation: 1,4-Dioxane and other Solvent Stabilizers
- Drying: Principles and Practice (International series of monographs in chemical engineering, v. 13)
- Biorefineries: Integrated Biochemical Processes for Liquid Biofuels
Extra info for Introduction to Green Chemistry, Second Edition