By Barry Stocker
Read Online or Download Kierkegaard on Politics (Palgrave Pivot) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Political Constructivism is worried with the justification of ideas of political justice within the face of pluralism. modern debts of multiculturalism, pluralism and variety have challenged the potential of political concept to impartially justify ideas of justice past the bounds of specific groups.
"Professor Gastil has been a number one voice within the deliberative democracy flow for the final 15 years, and with this ebook he has created an excellent source that adeptly captures the huge, priceless paintings being performed either inside and out academia relating public deliberation and political communique.
Alain Badiou and Slavoj Žižek became of the dominant voices in modern philosophy and significant idea. during this publication, Geoff Pfeifer deals an in-depth examine their respective perspectives. utilizing Louis Althusser’s materialism as a beginning point—which, as Pfeifer exhibits, was once outfitted partly as a reaction to the Marxism of the Parti Communiste Français and partly in discussion with different philosophical pursuits and highbrow currents of its times—the ebook seems on the differing ways that either Badiou’s and Žižek’s paintings try and reply to matters that come up in the Althusserian edifice.
Few thinkers may have had a extra different or a extra contested effect on theorizing legislations than Michel Foucault. This range is mirrored within the wide selection of Foucault's paintings and of the highbrow fields it has so conspicuously prompted. Such variety informs the current assortment and is signalled within the headings of its 4 sections: ?
- Philosophy of Globalization
- Towards the Dignity of Difference?: Neither 'End of History' nor 'Clash of Civilizations' (Ethics and Global Politics)
- Adam Smith's Political Philosophy: The Invisible Hand and Spontaneous Order (Routledge Studies in Social and Political Thought)
- Post-Foundational Discourse Analysis: From Political Difference to Empirical Research
- Explorations in Economic Methodology: From Lakatos to Empirical Philosophy of Science (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
Additional info for Kierkegaard on Politics (Palgrave Pivot)