By David P. LaGuardia,Cathy Yandell
Read or Download Memory and Community in Sixteenth-Century France PDF
Best literary renaissance criticism books
The Catholic contribution to English literary tradition has been commonly overlooked or misunderstood. This ebook units out to rehabilitate quite a lot of Catholic imaginitive writing, whereas exposing the position of anti-Catholicism as an creative stimulus to mainstream writers in Tudor and Stuart England.
The Bible and traditional Philosophy in Renaissance Italy explores the reciprocal dating among biblical interpretation and normal philosophy in sixteenth-century Italy. The e-book augments our wisdom of the manifold purposes of scientific services within the Renaissance and of the a number of ways that the Bible was once learn through informed those who lacked theological education.
Reminiscence and neighborhood in Sixteenth-Century France engages the query of remembering from a few various views. It examines the formation of groups inside of various cultural, spiritual, and geographical contexts, specially on the subject of the cloth stipulations for generating texts and discourses that have been the rules for collective practices of reminiscence.
The 1st a part of Goethe's dramatic poem Faust (1808), one of many nice works of German literature, grabbed the eye of Byron and Percy Shelley within the 1810s, enticing them in a shared fascination that used to be to exert a huge impression over their writings. during this comparative learn, Ben Hewitt explores the hyperlinks among Faust and Byron's and Shelley's works, connecting Goethe and the 2 English Romantic poets by way of their differing, intricately similar experiments with epic.
- Rhetoric and Renaissance Culture
- Women’s Prophetic Writings in Seventeenth-Century Britain (Routledge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- Ars et Ingenium: The Embodiment of Imagination in Francesco di Giorgio Martini’s Drawings (Routledge Research in Architecture)
- A Biographical Encyclopedia of Early Modern Englishwomen: Exemplary Lives and Memorable Acts, 1500-1650
- Neo-Latin Women Writers: Elizabeth Jane Weston and Bathsua Reginald (Makin): Printed Writings 1500–1640: Series I, Part Two, Volume 7: "Poemata", "Parthenica", ... Writings, 1500â€“1640: Series I, Part Two)
- Catechisms and Women's Writing in Seventeenth-Century England
Extra resources for Memory and Community in Sixteenth-Century France