By Michael Hornsby
Read or Download Revitalizing Minority Languages: New Speakers of Breton, Yiddish and Lemko (Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities) PDF
Best linguistics books
The quantity makes a speciality of the concept that of embodiment, understood in such a lot normal phrases as "the physically foundation of phenomena similar to which means, brain, cognition and language". the quantity bargains a consultant, multi- and interdisciplinary state of the art selection of papers on embodiment and brings jointly a wide number of varied views, from cognitive linguistics, cognitive technological know-how, philosophy, psychology, semiotics and synthetic intelligence.
Translation and examining stories and intercultural communique have up to now mostly been taken care of as separate disciplines. Translational motion and Intercultural verbal exchange deals an outline of a variety of various theoretical and methodological techniques to analyzing the hitherto principally overlooked connection among the 2 study strands.
A De Gruyter name
New audio system are an more and more very important element of the revitalization of minority languages due to the fact, every now and then, they could make up nearly all of the language neighborhood in query. This quantity examines this phenomenon from the point of view of 3 minority languages: Breton, Yiddish and Lemko.
- ROUTLEDGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INTERPRETING STUDIES
- Le Vite di Santi del codice Magliabechiano XXXVIII. 110 della Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze (Beihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fa1/4r Romanische Philologie) (Italian Edition)
- Handbook of Historical Japanese Linguistics (Handbooks of Japanese Language and Linguistics)
- A Grammar of Afrikaans (Mouton Grammar Library [MGL])
- Beyond the Language Classroom
- The Mixed Language Debate: Theoretical and Empirical Advances (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
Extra resources for Revitalizing Minority Languages: New Speakers of Breton, Yiddish and Lemko (Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities)