By Pete McDonnell
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and learn Libraries during the energy of Experiential Learning positive factors contributions—in a comparatively conversational, functional, and "how-to" format—from numerous educational libraries throughout vast academic degrees that experience applied experiential studying courses, providers, or assets to augment the educational and improvement of either scholars and library staff. As educational libraries and educational librarians are seeking for how you can remodel themselves and create collaborative synergies inside and with no their associations, this well timed ebook indicates fascinating how you can combine experiential studying into the library’s offerings.
Ranging from built-in carrier studying and knowledge Literacy guideline that "takes the category out of the classroom," to exact experiential ways to programming like path shows and the Human Library, the publication is a one-stop-shop for libraries trying to extend their repertoire. it is going to additionally aid them create connections among experiential studying and their associations' missions and contributions to pupil luck, via grounding those courses and companies on a definite methodological footing. Librarians and educators wishing to benefit extra in regards to the connections among experiential learning/experiential schooling and educational libraries would get advantages from the recommendation from authors during this book.
- Covers experiential studying for tutorial and study libraries
- Presents diversified facets of experiential studying in educational libraries around the spectrum of academic levels
- Offers a one-stop-shop for librarians partial to bringing experiential studying to their institutions
- Adds to present conversations in either LIS and experiential schooling, permitting extra synergies in either disciplines
Read or Download The Experiential Library: Transforming Academic and Research Libraries through the Power of Experiential Learning PDF
Similar library & information science books
Often, educational library outreach has intended achieving out to the campus group, supplying prone to college and scholars. Many universities and schools, besides the fact that, now have a brand new or renewed emphasis on outreach past the campus, trying to be certain their associations' relevance to the group at huge.
A consultant to Library study in track introduces the method and methods for gaining knowledge of and writing approximately tune. This informative textbook presents concrete examples of other varieties of writing, delivering a radical advent to track literature. It basically describes numerous information-searching innovations and library-based organizational platforms and introduces the array of tune assets on hand.
A co-branded ebook undertaking with Jisc (formerly the Joint info structures Commitee), off the again of DigiFest 2014, a electronic competition run by means of Jisc for the 1st time in 2014. the purpose of the ebook is to carry state-of-the-art dialogue as heard at DigiFest to the data professional/academic librarian readership.
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and examine Libraries throughout the energy of Experiential studying good points contributions—in a comparatively conversational, useful, and "how-to" format—from numerous educational libraries throughout large academic degrees that experience carried out experiential studying courses, providers, or assets to reinforce the training and improvement of either scholars and library staff.
- The Library Student Advisory Board: Why Your Academic Library Needs It and How to Make It Work
- University Libraries and Digital Learning Environments
- A Model for Work-Based Learning
- Making the Most of the Cloud: How to Choose and Implement the Best Services for Your Library
- Teaching Google Scholar: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- New Directions in Children's and Adolescents' Information Behavior Research: 10 (Library and Information Science)
Extra info for The Experiential Library: Transforming Academic and Research Libraries through the Power of Experiential Learning