By Andrew Merrills
Read or Download Vandals, Romans and Berbers: New Perspectives on Late Antique North Africa PDF
Similar african history books
This ebook investigates the significance of waging jihad for legitimacy in pre-colonial Morocco. It counters colonial interpretations of the pre-colonial Moroccan sultanate as hopelessly divided into territories of 'obedience' and 'dissidence' by means of suggesting that state-society conflict was once one element of a continuing technique of political negotiation.
Africa in Europe, in volumes, meticulously records Europe's African presence from antiquity to the current. It contains findings from components of analysis as different as actual anthropology, linguistics, social historical past, social conception, diplomacy, migrational reviews, and globalization.
It is a choice of daring and visionary scholarship that unearths an insightful exposition of re-visioning African improvement from African views. It offers educators, coverage makers, social employees, non-governmental enterprises, and improvement businesses with an interdisciplinary conceptual base which may successfully consultant them in making plans and imposing courses for socio-economic improvement in Africa.
This e-book presents readerswith the 1st finished examine of South Africa’s international coverage carried out ina multilateral atmosphere, through putting on list over one thousand of South Africa’s votesat the United international locations over a 20 yr interval. The learn investigates consistencyin phrases of South Africa’s declared overseas coverage and its real votingpractices on the United international locations.
- Modern Architecture and its Representation in Colonial Eritrea: An In-visible Colony, 1890-1941
- The Commonwealth Brand: Global Voice, Local Action
- The 2011 Libyan Uprisings and the Struggle for the Post-Qadhafi Future
- Slaves, Freedmen and Indentured Laborers in Colonial Mauritius (African Studies)
- Legacies of Socialist Solidarity: East Germany in Mozambique
- Resisting Bondage in Indian Ocean Africa and Asia (Studies in Slave and Post-Slave Societies and Cultures)
Additional info for Vandals, Romans and Berbers: New Perspectives on Late Antique North Africa