By Martin Kantor
Despite an abysmal "success rate," practitioners nonetheless use reparative remedy in an try to flip gays and lesbians directly. this article exposes the pitfalls that are meant to be thought of ahead of gays embark in this trip that sometimes leads nowhere.
• provides thorough descriptions of a few of the reparative treatments, contrasts those options with conventional treatment, and exposes the defective theoretical bases of this way of treatment
• information the writer psychiatrist's unsuccessful 5-year-long healing try to switch his personal homosexuality
• offers crucial details that gays and their mom and dad want to know sooner than embarking on what the writer feels is a futile process altering sexual orientation. The content material will enlighten politicians and reparative therapists themselves as well
• provides a necessary, expert counterpoint to the present literature on reparative therapy
Read Online or Download Why a Gay Person Can't Be Made Un-Gay: The Truth About Reparative Therapies PDF
Similar psychological research books
Statistical technique is usually conceived by way of social scientists in a technical demeanour; they use it for help instead of for illumination. This two-volume set makes an attempt to supply a few partial therapy to the issues that experience resulted in this scenario. either conventional matters, resembling research of variance and the overall linear version, in addition to extra novel tools like exploratory facts research, are integrated.
Scientists making plans experiments in scientific and behavioral examine will locate this guide and dictionary a useful table reference device. additionally urged as a textbook for college students of Experimental layout or accompanying classes in data. ideas of experimental layout are brought, options of experimental layout are defined, and merits and downsides of frequently used designs are mentioned.
• This re-creation offers scholars beneficial perform in analyzing and comparing study. All significant tools of analysis are illustrated, together with qualitative study, content/document research, survey examine, observational learn, experimental learn, and application evaluate. • The articles take care of modern issues that may carry your scholars’ awareness.
Providing a deep look at the ethical uncertainty within the modern social sciences and American society, this e-book explores an in-depth resolution. This answer, as articulated via Pitirim A. Sorokin within the twentieth century, is the idea of Integralism; a point of view courting again to Plato, Aristotle and Aquinas.
- Visual Revelations: Graphical Tales of Fate and Deception From Napoleon Bonaparte To Ross Perot
- Brain Change Therapy: Clinical Interventions for Self-Transformation
- Understanding and Investigating Response Processes in Validation Research (Social Indicators Research Series)
- Ethics and Psychology: Beyond Codes of Practice (Concepts for Critical Psychology)
- Principles and Methods of Social Research
- Research Literacy
Extra resources for Why a Gay Person Can't Be Made Un-Gay: The Truth About Reparative Therapies